Out of School Hours Care
7am – 8.45am
3.30pm – 6pm
7am – 6pm
7am – 6pm
Before School Care
After School Care
Curriculum/Pupil Free Days
Vacation Care is offered during Term Holidays Except during 2 weeks over the Christmas period.
We're involved in Active After School Sports!
The Wheelers Hill Primary School O.S.H.C. program was established in 1996 by a group of parents who realised the need for services to help working parents.
The O.S.H.C. program is set-up to cater for the needs of Primary School aged children and their families Before School, After School, during Non -Teaching days and School Holidays. The service meets the recreational, social and developmental needs of children, as well as their families requirement for care.
Before School Care (BSC) and After School Care (ASC) were first started with small numbers attending. Vacation Care (VC) soon followed with 30 children attending.
The program has grown and developed into the excellent service we offer today. This service is recognised throughout Victoria as an example of high quality childcare and has regular visits from other professionals.
We provide a quality program for all children in an enjoyable and relaxed environment, where the importance of play is valued.
- Include and welcome children from diverse backgrounds and with special needs.
- Provide appropriate programs based on the development and interests of primary aged children and their individual needs.
- Provide relaxed social learning environments.
- Promote warm and friendly relationships between staff, parents and children while ensuring that they respect other children, staff and the school.
- Encourage in individuals a responsibility of others.
- Comply with Quality Assurance and National Standards.
- Ensure the program complements and enhances the school's activities and is consistent with school philosophy.
- Ensure the safety of all children during all aspects of the program.
- Abide by Wheelers Hill Primary School welfare and discipline policy and the O.S.H.C. program policies.
- The O.S.H.C. program has a policy handbook, which includes all policies and procedures relating to the running of the out of school hours care program.
- The Parent Sub-Committee, Staff and the School Principal review policies and procedures yearly.
- A copy is kept in the O.S.H.C. office and is available on request.